Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Batman! Are you?

Why hello. What is this strange thing here? Oh yes a blog, I haven't done an actual one in a while. (I don't consider question answer things blogs) First things first, the Batman Arkham Asylum Demo. I've been having a lot of fun with this demo. It's only about 20 to 30 minutes long but in that time it shows off all the game's best features. The beautiful cut scenes, the combat, and the stealth game play. This game is definitely more than just a simple brawler, a lot more. It's a perfect combination of lots of different game play mechanics that just don't seem to fit together when you think about it, but Batman does it right. I've played the demo nearly 7 times and each combat and stealth experience have been different. I'm convinced that this game is going to be awesome an I've already preordered it.


Speaking of preorders, While I was at it I went for Scribblenauts. No it was not just for the hat... okay yes it was but still this game looks incredibly innovative and fun. Being able to solve a problem almost a thousand different ways is some major replay value, and just the fact you can summon up almost any noun is awesome alone. So yeah this game is looking amazing and I know it's way way way to soon to tell but... do I smell GOTY? :shock: Oh and if you're wondering here is the hat I mentioned above.



Pretty sweet eh!?

In other news, Valkyria Chronicles is plenty of fun. Except the parts where the people talk and talk and talk. Which is almost always, so I have to say that I often get mixed messages of fun, boredom, and aneurysms from the sheer amount of text and dialog in this thing. So If you like turn based strategy with a shooter twist and life threatening stoppages of blood give Valkyria Chronicles a go!

Jeez, long blog! Well if you actually read this whole thing, you deserve a cookie. If you actually read this whole thing without getting an aneurysm, you deserve two cookies. Finally if you have no idea what an aneurysm is look it up! and then take a cookie. Until next time!



~Steve~

No comments:

Post a Comment